Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy Pre-St. Patty's Day!

So I was all set to go for a run outside today, got up around 9 and was out the door by 9:30 only to find the side walks covered in ice! I walked for about 15 mins thinking it would get better but I was slip-sliding all over the place so I had to call it quits. I went back to the apartment and grabbed my gym stuff and headed to the Y. I just did 5k on the treadmill as, although I didn't experience shin splints this time, my legs were still pretty sore from yesterday, especially my knees. I think I will need to make sure to have a day in between my runs from now on so I don't have to sacrifice distance due to soreness. It was a good run though, and by the time I was heading home all the ice had melted so at least it wasn't a scary walk home lol

Happy early St. Patty's Day! I'm getting my lime jello shots for the party tonight, I used coconut rum which sounded like it would be yummy ;P Happy partying (and running)!

S

1 comment:

  1. Great Going Shan! Sending a big Irish Hug to wish you Happy St. Patty's Day. We'll hope for no more snow and ice for Happy Running.

    ReplyDelete