Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mellow Monday, Trendy Tuesday

No run on Monday, I took a day to rest my legs from Sunday's run. It was also a crappy day because of all the rain outside. I thought we were heading for some nice weather finally! Today seems to be a lot nicer with the sun shining this morning so hopefully it truly is Spring time!

IMG 8004

{View from my window at work, wasn't looking forward to going outside at the end of the day}

Plus I had to be up at 5:30am Monday morning to drive Matt into Bedford. They are working on a foundation in Liverpool again this week so if I drive him in I can keep the car while he's away in case I need it. It was HORRIBLE getting up that early but worth it I guess. Got to go back to sleep for an hour or two when I got home but I made it an early night, after watching Game of Thrones of course! What a fantastic show. It's times like this I wish I had splurged for cable so I can watch it with everyone else. Oh well, I didn't run into any spoilers before watching it so that was lucky :) Great first episode, can't wait for the rest of the season (literally, I can't wait, I need it now!)

Made myself I yummy meal last night of quinoa with shrimp, edamame and mushrooms with cilantro and a touch of sesame oil. Delicous :)

IMG 2008

I've been really into quinoa lately and looking for different ways to cook with it. For this, I first toasted it in a dry pan then cooked it by simmering it in vegetable stock. It was much more flavourful this way than just cooking it in water.

Yet again made it to the gym this morning, I honestly don't know how I'm doing it! I'm literally the worst morning person. It's just so nice to have it done and not have to worry about fitting a run in later in the day and the gym is much less busy in the mornings (although the YMCA is generally not too hectic which I love). Did 6.5k/46:16mins which is an average 11:34/mile pace, a bit faster than usual. I was a little stiff this morning so my run did feel a bit strained but my muscles seemed to loosen up by the end. Tried out my new Run: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve shirt that I just bought (@fledgelingx I'm slowly adding to my collection!). Super comfy and light and dries very quickly. It's the short sleeve version of my Run: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve which is great for running outside during cold mornings. I'm slowly expanding my running gear collection and loving it :)

IMG 8078

1 comment:

  1. Haha, yay!!! I really like the Swiftly SS. :) They just came out with some nice colours this am >.< (pink and green!).

    Be careful with the Swiftlys though, they can snag easily. As long as you're aware I find it's easy to avoid damaging them.

    Quinoa is soooo good. I have a chili recipe using quinoa and it's really tasty! It's on my other blog though (http://bakingfromthestart.wordpress.com).

    ReplyDelete